Do’s and Don’ts for a Healthy Septic System
- DO: Add enzymes and live bacteria to your septic system to assure continual microbial performance.
- DON’T put grease or fats down a drain.
- DO: Check for leaky toilets and other water leaks.
If found, Fix immediately.
- DON’T use drains or toilets for disposing chemicals or paints.
- DO: Conserve water whenever possible.
- DON’T wash several loads of laundry in a single day, instead spread out washing over a number of days.
- DO: Have your septic system inspected and serviced routinely.
- DON’T dispose large amounts of food down a drain.
- DON’T flush trash down the toilet.
Questions? Get in touch!